Sunday 3 March 2013

Early Summer?

I think this is the driest spell we have had since April last year! Sun and snow combined; perfect combination.

We have been making the most of this glorious weather on my days off. Yesterday I climbed Parsley Fern Gully with a friend and our dogs, descending back into Cwm Glas from Bwlch Coch. The only problem with the mix of sun and snow is the faff; forever taking crampons on and off! The snow is clinging in there although the descent gully into Cwm Glas was a lot thinner than when Steve and I were there last week! The Trinity face of Snowdon is still looking good in most of the gullies.

I am off to Iceland this week to assess the Icelandic Search Dogs with a colleague from SARDA Wales. Cluanie is staying with Steve and probably will take over the bed! From 8 'C down to -19'C in the Arctic Circle; it's going to feel like I'm back on my Winter ML.

When I get back I am straight back into an ML Summer Training course; Steve is teaching on the first 4 days and I take over for the overnight camp. When that finishes we are teaching a REC Level 2 First Aid course at Bangor University for the Mountain Walking Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment